Youth shot dead in Rangunia

The deceased was the son of Mohammad Ali, a resident of Mubarak Ali Tila area of Padua Union in Russell Upazila. Police and local sources said that Russell returned home from abroad about a year ago. On Thursday afternoon, a group of miscreants shot him and left him in a nearby paddy field. Later, locals found his body and informed the police. South Rangunia Police Station Officer-in-Charge (OC) Sabbir Mohammad Selim said, “There are multiple shotgun bullet marks on Russell’s body. In addition, signs of stabbing injuries with a sharp weapon were also found.” The body has been recovered and sent to Chittagong Medical College Hospital for autopsy.
Body of Raujan’s Jubo Dal activist found in Rangamati

Didarul is the son of the deceased Jahangir Alam of Dakshin Samsher Para, Ward No. 6 of Kadalpur Union, Raujan. Didarul was the companion of Jubo Dal leader Selim, who was shot dead on July 6. Locals believe that the two were killed over a dispute over sand and soil business. The wife of the deceased Didarul, Kohinur Akhtar, said that the victim Didarul left the house at around 9:30 pm on Wednesday. Then he called at 10 pm. But after that he did not return home. Today, Thursday afternoon, I received news that a body had been recovered by the Betbunia police. Later, I came to the Betbunia police outpost and identified my husband’s body. Locals said Didarul used to drive auto-rickshaws. After the fall of the Awami League-led government, he joined politics with the slain Jubo Dal’s Selim Uddin and got involved in meetings, processions, and the soil and sand mining business. Raozan Police Station Officer-in-Charge (OC) Monirul Islam said that Betbunia police recovered the body of a person named Didarul Alam. Legal action is being taken in the incident subject to investigation. According to local and police sources, on July 6, around 12 noon, a Jubo Dal activist named Md. Selim (42) was shot dead at Ishan Bhatt’s Hat in Kadalpur Union of Raojan. A group of 7 people came in an auto-rickshaw and killed him; 3 of whom were wearing burqas. The police identified two people named Raihan and Dhama Elias in the incident. However, the police could not arrest them.
Supplementary voter update to be published next week: EC Sanaullah

He made this statement after a commission meeting at the Election Commission building in Agargaon on Thursday (July 10). The EC said that the supplementary voter list update of 4.4 million voters will be published next week. This time, the EC went door to door on January 20 and collected information about the updated voter list. About 4.4 million voters who were left out in this update have been registered. Md. Sanaullah said that the draft of the supplementary voter list will be published soon in view of the parliamentary elections. He said, “After that, the claim and objections are settled, the final update will be published by August. This time, we have found about 44 lakh 6 thousand 602 excluded voters, who have registered anew. We have found 21 lakh 32 thousand 590 dead voters. All preparations have been completed. Hopefully, the supplementary draft list will be published next week. Currently, the gap between male and female voters has reduced. It is about 18 lakh.” The Election Commissioner said that there has been a discussion on the EC Secretariat Act Amendment Ordinance. There will be a service called the Election Commission Service for the appointment of secretaries and other officers. The Reform Commission has also made such a proposal. Until this service is established, the existing rules will continue. Besides, minor amendments have also been proposed in the Election Officers Special Act of 1991. He also said that some amendments have also been proposed regarding the re-delegation of financial powers to EC officials. Praising the initiative to amend the NID, he said that 9 lakh applications have been disposed of in the last seven months. Now only 74 thousand are pending. A process has also been taken to reduce the complications regarding changing religion in the NID amendment. Stating that the delimitation process is in its final stage and the number of seats will not decrease, Abul Fazal said, the EC is taking the initiative to publish the draft of the boundaries of 300 parliamentary seats. The draft will be published soon after receiving the report of the technical committee. The work of delimiting the boundaries of the parliamentary seats is in its final stage. No applications have been made regarding 221 seats. Hopefully, the full publication will be made next week. The number of seats in Dhaka will not decrease much. He said that in addition to bringing population balance, the seats will be arranged to bring equality in the number of voters. The consensus commission has already received a suggestion to rearrange the boundaries of the parliamentary seats through a specialized committee. Work is being done considering how much can be done in terms of reality. Regarding the registration progress, he said, “The verification and screening of new party registration applications has begun. The applications that are correct are already being verified at the field level, and those with minor errors in their applications have been given 15 days to fill in their information. This time, 144 parties have submitted 147 applications for registration.” Regarding the revision of the lawyer panel, the Election Commissioner said that the EC has planned to ‘revise’ the EC’s lawyer panel. A final decision on this will also be announced in the future. Shapla was not included in the symbol list – in this context, he said, the proposed new list has been sent to the regulations ministry ahead of the parliamentary elections, in which case the Shapla symbol was not proposed. Two parties, Nagorik Oikya and NCP, have applied for the Shapla symbol. The EC did not list Shapla after considering all the factors.
Explosion in Jatrabari: Husband fails to return home 4 hours after wife’s death

He died while undergoing treatment at the High Defense Unit (HDU) of the National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery at around 5:15 pm on Thursday (July 10). Dr. Shawon Bin Rahman, resident physician at the National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute, confirmed the matter. He said that early this morning, the housewife, her husband and three other members of the same family, including their children, were brought to the emergency department of the Burn Institute with burns. Due to the extent of the burns, all of them were admitted to the HDU. Ripon died at around 5:15 pm while undergoing treatment at the HDU with 70 percent burns. Earlier, his wife Iti Begum died at around 1 pm while undergoing treatment with 45 percent burns. Their only child, Rafia, is undergoing treatment in the hospital with 90 percent burns in the incident. Her condition is also critical due to burns to her trachea. It is worth noting that they were brought to the emergency department of the National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute from Shaheed Faruk Road in Jatrabari area in the early hours of Thursday (July 10).
Not a single student passed the 2025 SSC and equivalent examinations in two MPO-affiliated secondary schools in Gaibandha.

The two schools are “Bishwanathpur Adarsh High School” in Gobindaganj Upazila and “Goridaha High School” in Saghata Upazila. Gaibandha District Education Officer Md. Ataur Rahman confirmed the matter on Thursday (July 10) afternoon. It is learned that 24 students from Garidaha High School participated in the exam. Out of them, 10 were in the science department and 14 in the humanities department. However, none of them could pass. The school, which was registered as an MPO in 2000, currently has 17 teachers and staff, of which 12 are teachers. On the other hand, 6 students from Bishwanathpur Adarsh High School in Gobindaganj Upazila participated in the exam. All of them are from the humanities department. The school was registered with MPO in 2022. The number of teachers and staff here is 12, of which 10 are teachers. Garidaha High School Principal Mosha Shaheda Begum said, “This time the questions were very hard. That’s why everyone failed. Everyone failed in one or two subjects. We haven’t released the marksheet yet, so I can’t say who failed in which subject.” After making this statement, he hung up the phone and was unable to be contacted again. On the other hand, Ilyas Hossain, the headmaster of Bishwanathpur Adarsh High School, said, “This is the first SSC batch of our school. We received permission from the board in November 2023, but the registration ended in the previous March. As a result, both the number of students and the results are poor.” He also said that out of the six examinees, one failed in mathematics, while the rest failed in two or three subjects. District Education Officer Md. Ataur Rahman said, “It is very sad that even a school has 100% students failing. This has happened in two institutions here. The board will issue a notice regarding the matter. We will seek an explanation from the teachers and the concerned principals.”
This year, Tanisha took the exam from Ghatail Saleha Yousafzai Girls High School in the Science Department of the Technical Education Board and passed with a GPA of 5.

According to relevant sources, 16,442 students participated in the SSC examination in the district this time. Out of them, 10,965 passed. 1,125 got GPA-5. In addition, 5,812 students participated in the examination in Dakhil and 4,061 passed. 107 got GPA-5. Sources said that six educational institutions in the district have achieved 100% pass rate. These include Feni Girls Cadet College, Feni Government Pilot High School, Kariya High School, Feni Police Lines School, Hope International School and Starline Sprout School. Feni Girls Cadet College Principal Group Captain Mohammad Nazmul Haque said, “Students have continued their success this year as in other years. The guidance of army members, sincere teaching by trained teachers, conducting exams according to the calendar, issuing results and a disciplined environment have played a role in achieving these results. For this, I congratulate all the examinees, teachers, guardians and every member of the college.”
Speech and hearing impaired Tanisha gets GPA-5

This year, Tanisha took the exam from Ghatail Saleha Yousafzai Girls High School in the Science Department of the Technical Education Board and passed with a GPA of 5. Jaima Jarnas Tanisha is the daughter of Joynal Abedin of Kamnapara village in Ghatail Sadar Union. Tanisha’s father is an upazila engineer of Dewanganj, Jamalpur and her mother is an assistant teacher at Kamlapara Government Primary School, Mafujun Nahar Beauty. Advertisement Tanisha studied from nursery to eighth grade at ‘Prayase’, an institution for disabled and autistic students in Ghatail Cantonment. Advertisement School teacher Basudeb Pal said, “Tanisha is very talented. Speech impairment is not a problem, she will achieve more success in the future and establish herself in life.” Read more The student’s mother, Mafujun Nahar Beauty, said, “I am happy with my daughter’s results. I never imagined that my daughter would get GPA-5. I thank God for the good results. My daughter has been talented since childhood. Even though my daughter cannot speak, she understands our gestures. My daughter wants to pursue higher education.” Mohammad Nuruzzaman, headmaster of Ghatail Saleha Yousafzai Girls High School, said, “Tanisha is very humble and polite as a girl. Tanisha tried a lot. We were also sincere and had high expectations for her. We are very happy with her results.”